I would like to introduce you to the Denver Chapter. Our chapter is made up of dedicated outdoors people- hunters and conservationists who have made the commitment to ensure that hunting and wildlife conservation will be preserved for our future generations. The Chapter members are an integral part of SCI by providing the funding through the local banquets to advocate for hunting world-wide. The great thing about raising money for the Chapter is that 70% gets to stay in the chapter to put into local projects such as humanitarian projects, education projects for teachers through the Denver Sables, conservation and youth projects. Responding to local needs like helping to pay for a wildlife tunnel under a busy highway, sponsoring Colorado Youth Outdoors events, youth pheasant hunts, handicapped veterans and Craig hospital programs, and sponsoring teachers to the Outdoor Wilderness School at AWLS in Jackson Wyoming makes our fundraising efforts all worthwhile.
Ways to get involved with the Denver Chapter:
- Attend the annual meeting for all members, held in May or June each year.
- Seek out possible donors, vendors for the banquet: hunts, art, or goods and services
- Volunteer your special skills (writing, photography, sound, graphics, instruction)
- Participate in Sables and chapter activities
- Join the Sables to support the education arm of SCI
- Support the Humanitarian projects of our chapter.
- Attend the Trophy Room Tours throughout the year.
- Share your trophy room for a cocktail party.
- Connect with the legislative efforts at the state and Federal level to keep hunting possible in Colorado and across the United States.
The Chapter is inviting you to be a member at no charge. You only have to maintain your National SCI membership to be part of the Denver Chapter. If you do not wish to be a member of the Denver Chapter please let me know otherwise welcome to the Chapter.
Russell MacLennan, President
Help us improve more lives!
Join us in Reno for the 47th Annual Hunters' Convention Reno Sparks Convention Center • Jan 9 - Jan 12, 2019...read more
Save the Date April 5th, 2019 Wings Over the Rockies Museum Check back for further...read more